Tuesday, February 15, 2005

It's Rolling Rock Time!

I recently spent over an hour sitting in my car with a friend of mine talking and bonding outside his apartment building. Afterwards, we both agreed that we should have just gone to a bar and talked there, rather than steaming up my car windows.
That would have been the perfect time for a Rolling Rock, Sierra Nevada or Blue Moon straight from the tap or in a chilled stein. Such a time of fellowship would have been greatly enhanced by a dark room, some rock music playing in the background, and little bit of moonshine to loosen up our minds and tongues.
I'd take of swig from a green bottle and consider what a true friend this guy is because of his honesty and vulnerability. He's telling me stuff he hasn't told other friends because I'm a guy who has been one of his longest-lasting friends.
And then he throws out his surprising opinion on one of my current relationships. I didn't see that one coming at all but appreciated it all the more just because he felt comfortable enough to put it out there; a possible grenade between friends that could end all conversations and send us each running in opposite directions.
But it didn't. The comment did the opposite and solidified the friendship even more. Such honesty would surely have been magnified if we both had a blood alcohol content of .o1 or .o3. I'm sure situations like these are why God let human beings create such an atmosphere as a bar and such a drink as beer.

No comments: